*Theres only one of each quote that way you don't end up going through five pages of the same quote:]*
1) Softball player- 1. a girl who, once steps onto the field, is transformed from "daddy's-little-girl"
into a fierce, unrelenting competitor who will stop at nothing in order to win a game. Characteristically
with dirt all across her face, ratted sweaty hair, bloody knees, and dirt stained socks and uniform.
She's diligent hard worker who knows the real meaning of teamwork, spirit, and fearing nothing.
Contradictorily she personifies all of this while she still wears cute, color coordinated hair
ribbons and sleeve straps.
2) It's not how good you are. It's how bad you want it.
3) Friends don't let friends play slow-pitch.
4) Softball is for everyone. Fast-pitch is for athletes.
5) A winner is that person who gets up one more time than she is knocked down.
6) Fresh cut grass, dragged dirt, ring of a bat, a diving catch, a blocked ball, sweating, bleeding and sliding into home. Not a bad way to spend a few hours.
7) A team is knowing when a ball is hit over your head, you have enough faith in the girl behind you, not to turn around, because you know she's got it.
8) You know you're a softball player when...
* Pre-wrap is no longer for injuries but for your hair
* Your favorite part of the season was getting your new bat
* At the end of the summer you have the infamous 5 inch tan knees that won't go away till spring and by then you'll have school ball
* You avoid wearing skirts and dresses...I mean c'mon. The scars are only cool to you and the other softball girls
* Blisters, cuts, and scars are for show
* You haven't been to Church on Sunday for years
* Someone asks you what you do outside of school and the only other activity you can think of is Softball
* Boys say "Baseball is so much harder then softball" and you just laugh because you really know that softball is much more difficult...besides we use bigger balls don't we?
* All your white clothing has some kind of brown tint to it
* Your batting glove starts to smell like onions/corn dogs/and old people
* Your sliding pants/short have to be torn to shreds before you'd ever get new ones
* You've classified "the softball field" as its own scent
* Sunflower seeds and Gatoraid become their own personal food group
* Everyone on your team has known each other for years
* Old men say they play softball..but really you know that they just play slowpitch BASEBALL
* You can't stand it when people refer to softball as "baseball" and then say..."Their the same thing"
* Long socks are your best friend
* You see a group of people playing softball, and you have an incredible urge to ask if you can join in and play
* The end of softball season is basically never
* Your drawers are filled with 4,857,295,256 softball T-shirts/Jerseys
* When a "short trip" to your tournament takes 2 hours
* When you're summer softball team practices in winter
* When you wear your softball cleats everywhere you go
* Waking up at 8 in the morning for a tournament game is considered late
* When McDonalds should start paying YOU to come eat there
*When your asked for directions you give them according to the nearest softball field
* When you read this and are thinking "Yepp thats my life in a nutshell"